COSTA RICA FAYLA TOURS
Nicaragua One Day Tour from Costa Rica
Nicaragua One Day Tour
Masaya Market and Volcano, Granada City and River Boat
Are you seeking for a cultural day in Nicaragua?
This one day package is the best option to get to know Nicaragua during your vacations in Costa Rica. Nicaragua is the Costa Rica’s northern neighbor, very close located to the province of Guanacaste and Papagayo Gulf.
Nicaragua is beautiful country very rich in culture. There are lots of things to explore, the history, art and the picturesque Pacific Coast of Nicaragua. This journey will begin early in the morning to avoid lines while crossing the border.
Please be advised all tour individuals need to have handy their passport and flight itinerary. Once across the border, you’ll enjoy a yummy breakfast nearby the city of Rivas.
You will then continue to the Granada Village, one of the first villages founded by Europeans (Spain) in America Central. Granada Village is a colorful and picturesque place that was built with Spanish colonial architecture that still remains in place.
In Granada, a horse-drawn carriage will take you to the city’s most lovely attractions (optional – not included). You will visit the main church, known as “The Catedral”, and Plaza de España, where you can see magnificent views of Lake Nicaragua. Nearby, you will have lunch in a very cozy restaurant with fantastic views.
After lunch, you will aboard the bus and drive to a viewpoint of the Masaya Lake. This exceptional location allow people to see magnificent views of both, the lake and the active Masaya Volcano.
The tour wraps up with a visit to the active Masaya Volcano and a local town with an excellent pottery and souvenir market.
What to Bring?
Nicaragua One Day Tour from Costa Rica FAQ
- This tour runs almost every day with few exceptions during extremely busy times of the year at the border (Christmas/New Years and Easter time).
- Depending on your hotel’s location, pick up is usually 5:30 am. Depending on how long time takes the border, you will be returning around 8pm – 9pm or 10pm. Hence, we cannot guarantee an exact drop off time.
- Our Nicaragua one day tour from Costa Rica includes breakfast, lunch, border fees, a bilingual guide, pick up and drop off at your resort and bottle drinking water.
- Deposits may vary according to distance, usually $45 usd from Papagayo’s hotels and surroundings areas. When you fill out the form, you will automatically be taken to our PayPal in order to send the deposit. Once clear payment has been received, we will send you an email confirmation with all details.
- Please bring original passport, a printed copy of your flight itinerary of Costa Rica, comfortable shoes and clothing, a raincoat during rain season, day bag and your camera. We also highly recommend buying/bringing snacks. The tour includes breakfast and lunch but, not dinner.
- Sometimes the border returning to Costa Rica may take awhile so, it is recommended to bring something to eat, as the tour doesn’t make any stops for food in the evening except at the border. Note: You can buy snacks at the border, Masaya market or Granada Village.
- Yes. If you want to do some shopping, bring small bills. They will give you your change back in Cordobas “Nicaraguan currency”. If you want your change back in USD, please ask them prior your purchase.
- United States and Canada don’t require visa. To verify if you need a visa or there are any restrictions please refers to the following link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Nicaragua